Saturday, October 31, 2009

If you seen someone selling tobacco or alcohol to a minor would you report it?

So this little old man working in a carry out sells two girls who look to be in their very early teens (13 at the most) cigarettes. They were actually flirting around with grandpa to get him to do it, and he did.
Should i report it? Or what? And who to?
I wonder if he got lucky that night..EEEWWWWW.
Answers:
Yes, they are very young! I guess you could have called the police but basically they couldn't have done anything unless they seen it happening.
You could tell the owner of the store to be careful, he will most likely get fined if the alcohol/tobacco (?) (group) get involved. Maybe at least Gramps will lose his job!
I would say yes just because if they know or saw you, they might involve you to bring you down.
Yes, do the right thing.
no, because i wouldnt have wanted it done to me when i was a minor.
I wouldn't, just because he sold cigarettes is no reason to go thinking that he is a child molester or something. You don't even know if that's the case, and those type of assumptions, lead to accusations which can easily ruin someones life, even if they are innocent. Also I doubt any 13 year old girls would get in bed with some old man just for cigarettes.
Also the decision to smoke is a person's not the store owner's, if those girls want to smoke, that is their choice, and even though the law hold the seller responsible, i don't think it should be that way.
Not the first time. I would mention it to them and make it clear that if I saw it it a second time I would report it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

all "If you" Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net