Saturday, October 31, 2009

If you heard a co-workersay, "I will never hired an Nigerian.", what would you do?


Answers:
I would report him to the government of Nigeria in Lagos. They would instantly flood his computer with letters saying: "I am manage of Bank of Africa. We have 9 million dollars in unclaimed funds which we would like to send to you. Please give us your bank account number."
Well, if he's your co-worker, then nothing. That's why he doesn't own a company.
If he was your boss, you wouldn't have to worry about that, either, because obviously you haven't been discriminated against (since he hired you).
i would say "i know dats right"
Depends, since I am not in Nigeria, if the co-worker was talking about Nigerians that have come here undocumented I would agree, if on the other hand he meant legal immigrants I would report him to the higher ups.
Nothing.
I will ask him what country he is from, because no native born American would say "I will never hired"
I would probably agree with not hiring Nigerians because i saw one on Dateline NBC with Chris Hanson and he was a bad man, therefore all nigerians are bad men.
Ask why not. I work with a Nigerian guy, and nobody's ever had a problem with him.
If the co-worker is actually in charge of hiring people, I would report what they said to their boss.
I would say dont let him send any emails
I would probaby realize that my co-worker is strange because in my current position, they have no authority to hire or fire. Second of all, all of my co-workers are native English speakers, so they probably won`t use such strange English. And thirdly, if I am expected to have a reaction against someone saying that they will never hire a Nigerian, I would believe that they don`t want to go though the difficult process of hiring someone who does not have the legal right to work in the United States of America.
If a racial thing is going on, I wouldn`t get involved. It is not my right to confront employers about such a topic. It is the duty of the interviewee to take care of themselves, and in such a case, why would you want to work for someone who does not want you? Just to sue them for money? There are more things in life than money.
Well I'm a Nigerian so I would be pissed. I would go up to them and say thats racism. Report it to your boss or something.
Nothing, we either live in a free country or we don't. The problem with foreigners is they want freedom as long as it benefits them. Sorry you can't have it both ways.
As long as they pay the going rate and aren't hiring illegals it is their business.
I'd start by correcting his word usage and syntax...then I'd ask him to clarify what he meant.
If the person in question is responsible for actually hiring people...and was willfully violating the Equal Opportunity guidelines...I'd speak to my...or his supervisor (depending on company protocol).but not because of some moral high-mindedness on my part.just as a CMA precaution.
If EEOC ever investigates.and it becomes an known that I was aware and did nothing...I could lose my job as well. Not to mention I'd be helping my company avoid paying a large fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

all "If you" Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net