Saturday, October 24, 2009

If you found an infant in a cradle in the middle of the forest...?

Would you keep it, or report it? The reason I ask is because if you report it, they will likely go to foster care... not good...
It may be best to keep the state out of a child's life...
Answers:
while it may indeed be better to keep the state out of a child's life... what about mom? too many unanswered questions. how did the child get there? where are the parents? alive or dead? how many other children are at risk? the list goes on and on.
I would report it. I don't have time for a child.
Report it, so they can find the parents. Then, if I had the means to do so, I would offer to become a foster parent and take the child in.
i'll give it to the states anyways
i would sell it on ebay
I'd leave it there and continue on my hike...
I would report it, you never know the circumstance under which that child ended up in the cradle. Perhaps the child was kidnapped, perhaps the child has a life threatening illness, and needs immediate treatment. Perhaps that child is not really a child yet a cleverly disguised terrorist..
I would report it, it really isn't my business and my place to interfere with the life of another.
Uhh.. report it. If you don't report it the child may have a family that is looking for it. You never know, the child may have been kidnapped and abandoned or something.
Plus foster care is not always bad.
Your scenario only works if it would truly be better off with the person who found it.
Without proper paperwork, then the child's life will be difficult as it grows older, so in that respect alone it would be better to report it.
Really depends on how hungry I am at the time
Keep it, if I could afford to.
Fantasy!
I would turn the baby in, don't want to be accused of kidnapping later on, that is a federal crime.
The mother should be charged with abandonment. She could of surrendered the baby to a church or hospital instead of putting it in danger by leaving it in the woods.
I believe you are right, the state would take it, but if you may have 1st dibs on the child if that is the case and you want to keep it. Although we hear horror stories all the time about foster care, and sometimes even witness it ourselves, there are cases where the child is better off with the state. Take for example the recent case where the stepfather of a child bit off her upper lip and ear beyond repair. If those people had found a child in the forest, could you imagine the torment that it may possibly go thru just by having no record of birth or history? No one would ever look for the child and there is no telling what would happen to it. I would call the authorities, and if I bonded with the child, see if it is possible to at least stay a part of their life.
I'd report it and if they would take the two I've got off my hands I might be up for that,too.
I would prbably keep it cause I would feel awful about it. It is not the child's fault that he got dumped off in the forest. I think it be a blessing to be sent such a child and would raise it and tell it how much he meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

all "If you" Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net