Saturday, October 31, 2009

If you have joint legal joint physical custody of your child am I alowed to take him out of State?

I have planned to go on a mini vacation with my kids but my ex does not want me taking them out of michigan because he does not like my new boy friend. Am I allowed to? Any websites you could recommend?
Answers:
It would depend totally on what is in the divorce decree.
Usually you can take them out of state only with written permission of the other spouse. But it just depends on the specific court order.
If it is for a short vacation ie: a weekend , this should not be a problem. Call the court mediator to see what they think.
NO!!
If you have joint physical custody of your children then you can not leave the state without consent from the other parent. Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

all "If you" Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net