Saturday, October 24, 2009

If you are hurt on the job is the owner responsible ?

On 07/24/07 I was at my job and was removing an auto transmission it fell and tore a large section of meat from my 5th finger left hand.The owner saw it happen but instead of bringing me to the hospital he left.I then called for a ride to the hospital and they put 9 stiches to close it back up.I was scheduled for stich removal today 07/31/07.But it is infected and not healing correctly so the doctor at the Occupational Clinic called my boss and stated that he was requesting xray's and my boss said he would not pay for them.Now the doctor has rescheduled for friday of this week 08/03/07 for stich removal so after he rebandaged it I went to my job where my boss told me. That he cannot pay me unless I am working doing what I was hired to do ( auto engine and transmission exchanges).The doctor stated that I am not to use my left hand for work in writting.Now my rent is due and I have no other income with three babies counting on my income for a house to live in.
Answers:
in general, injuries which occurred during the scope of your employment (you don't really say what your job is, but I assume one of your duties falls under working on auto transmissions) should be covered by worker's compensation.
of course every state has different worker's compensation laws. in california, you can find most of these at the Division of Workers Compensation website (www.dir.ca.gov/dwc). But to give you an idea, California requires all employers with at least one employee to have worker's comp insurance at no cost to the employees. The employer is also required to post a notice (usually in a break room or somewhere conspicuous) providing you with information about where and how to get coverage, such as contacting the claims adjuster. Not doing so is a misdemeanor in california with a fine up to $7k. If you can't get your employer to be cooperative, contact your local DWC office (in California).
other states should have similar information on their state government website. good luck!
You don't say which state you're in. Contact the local workman's compensation office and discuss your situation with them.
I think so.
Workman's Comp is designed for coverage
when you get hurt on the job.
John 17:3.
In general all your costs should be covered by workman's comp. Most states require your employer to carry workman's compensation insurance. If he gives you the run around get a lawyer involved.
You absolutely have a right for your boss to pay those bills, but also for you to be put either on a paid leave or a different set of duties while you recover.
File a claim with your local worker's compensation office immediately, or if you are in a union, contact your rep.
Do it immediately!!
no go through th occupational health they will set every thing up its a work comp issues if the boss wont pay his work comp insurance will have to can you can sue him talk to the people at the occupational health they will tell you what to do your boss can mess with your money it is a legal issues good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

all "If you" Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net