Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ilive in new jersey and want to move in with my friend. im 16.. my home life isnt a good life for me to ..?

grow up in. is it possible for this to happen? what would i have to do?
Answers:
As a parent you didn't exactly explain the situation clearly. Your 'friend'; is this a friend that lives at home with his/her parents? Or a single friend that you want to move in with. Is friend the same or opposite sex? Same age or older? If you are not in a good situation and your family gives permission to live with another family willing to be responsible for you and you be responsible toward them then I see no problem.
If your parents are opposed then you get the law coming into it. At 16 you can become an emancipated minor but you need to consider the future. You may be a very responsible, mature young person but 16 is very young to be on your own. Regardless of how much you think you can manage. I can't tell you this would be okay until I know more details.
As a mom my heart is broken thinking you need to move out of your parents home to feel save and taken care us. But if that is what is best then perhaps you should pursue. Just be wise and discerning. Don't make foolish mistakes because them seem 'cool' or grownup.
If this is an older friend of opposite sex I think you are about to get into serious trouble. Use your brain.
Good luck.
bet your friend is a male over 18 huh? what you really should be asking is because I cant get everything my way should I run away and be with my boyfriend who is molesting me
I was going suggest emancipation, but I did some research and apparently there is no emancipation status in NJ (see link). There may be other options, such as your parents agreeing to sign over custody. Before doing anything drastic, I would recommend writing out your reasons. If there is abuse or neglect, go to a trusted adviser or call Children's and Family Services.
Keep in mind that your 'friend' will be scrutinized, and that they will have to be willing to take responsibility. This means that if this is someone that you are in a dating relationship (as suspected by previous posters), you will probably need to rethink. Bottom line, you may be able to obtain permission to stay with a family member, but don't plan on moving in with your boyfriend.
Whatever happens, I hope that things get better. Please carefully consider any actions, stay safe and make sure you at least complete your education.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

all "If you" Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net